Re: Cygcheck says w3m 0.5.3-1 package incomplete, file type mismatch messages

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Bob Heckel wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
>>
>> w3m works, but appears to run slowly after the last update.  While
>> comparing the output of "cygcheck -s -r -v" I noticed some
>> differences.
>
> Sorry you're having trouble.  Strange, I did benchmarking in
> development and found 0.5.3 slightly faster than 0.5.2
>
>> Line 24 below shows Incomplete.
>
> I'm not sure what's causing that, I show "OK" on my installations.
>
>> I re-ran setup.exe, removed w3m, then re-installed from the same
>> mirror, no change.
>
> Did you have 0.5.2 installed previously?
>
>> Is this output satisfactory, or is there a corrective action for this
>> package post-install?
>
> I can't replicate it currently, I'll look into it further over the
> next few days and report back or up-version if I see anything wrong or
> fixable.
>
> If anyone else is experiencing w3m-0.5.3-1 trouble, that would be good to know.
>
> Bob

(this is a resend with a little bit of not so relevant information
stripped, last message got blocked due to exceeding spam score
somehow)

I can confirm the issue with the w3m package.  I have a local sync job
that keeps a local copy of the repository (nice to install a package
offline when I'm not on) and it is synced up the kernel.org server.  I
got the same error on a fresh install and I never had w3m installed
prior.  I didn't check speed though.

$ cygcheck -cv w3m
Cygwin Package Information
Last downloaded files to: D:\cygwin\home\shinji\cygwin
Last downloaded files from: [snipped as it is incorrect]

Package              Version        Status
File type mismatch: /usr from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/bin from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/lib from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/lib/w3m from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/lib/w3m/cgi-bin from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/doc from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/doc/w3m from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/doc/Cygwin from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/locale from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/locale/ja from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/man from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/man/ja from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/man/ja/man1 from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/man/man1 from package w3m
File type mismatch: /usr/share/w3m from package w3m
w3m                  0.5.3-1        Incomplete