Re: Cygcheck says w3m 0.5.3-1 package incomplete, file type mismatch messages

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Keith Christian
<keith1christian@gmail.com> wrote:
> w3m works, but appears to run slowly after the last update.  While
> comparing the output of "cygcheck -s -r -v" I noticed some
> differences.

The slowness mentioned above is the delay before the web page is
displayed, even when looking at a local file.  It's noticeably slower
to display than the previous version (I'm running 0.5.3-1 as mentioned
above.)  After the page (http or local .html file) loads, w3m is it's
normal self.

I have more info:  If I pipe the output of w3m to "less" or redirect
it to a file, w3m runs at its usual blazing speed.  Something
associated with redirecting the output speeds things up.

Summarizing: "w3m foo.html" has a second or two delay, but "w3m
foo.html > foo.output"or "w3m foo.html | less" is near-instantaneous.

Thanks, everyone.

Keith