Re: Missing shared libcrypto library from

On 10/25/2012 11:42 AM, Walker, Leon E wrote:
Dear CYGWIN,

I have upgraded to 1.7.17 and I am now receiving an error when performing and scp command:

e.g. scp -vvv -oHostKeyAlgorithms=ssh-rsa 'root@pontius:~/.ssh/authorized_keys' /tmp/authorized_keys

Extract of the debug:

debug2: channel 0: obuf_empty delayed efd 6/(121)
scp: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
debug2: channel 0: written 121 to efd 6
debug2: channel 0: obuf empty

I have had a look and cannot find which package that might be belong to. Can you assist?

Did you stop the SSH server (and all other processes) before installing? If not, reboot and redo the installation after stopping all Cygwin processes. In particular, make sure you (re)install the libopenssl package.

-- Larry