Re: sources.redhat.com going, going, gone...

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> If you are using sources.redhat.com for any type of operation like email
> CVS, or browser bookmarks, you'll need to change to using sourceware.org
> instead.  sourceware.org is where Cygwin, binutils, gdb, and other
> projects officially live.  sources.redhat.com is an old name for that
> system.  If you'd like you can also use cygwin.com since that is an
> alias for sourceware.org.
>
> Although the web pages still apparently redirect, Red Hat has changed
> the IP address for sources.redhat.com so that it no longer is the same
> as sourceware.org.  I don't know what future plans are for
> sources.redhat.com and I'm only mildly aware of why this change was
> made so please don't ask for further clarification.

Hello,

Related to this, could someone update the cygwin CVS checkout example on the
following page:

  http://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/setup.html

Currently the example is:

  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps co setup

Should now be:

  cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sourceware.org:/cvs/cygwin-apps co setup

There are a few other links on this page that may need to be updated as well.
Thanks for your consideration.

Best regards,

Sam