Re: Cygcheck says w3m 0.5.3-1 package incomplete, file type mismatch messages

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
> I have some timing data courtesy of Sysinternals Procmon that has the
> time from invocation of w3m to display at 6 to 7 seconds, if that
> helps any.  Package: w3m-0.5.3-2 was installed a few days ago, haven't
> noticed any load time changes (the test this morning was on a 28 kb
> local HTML file to avoid any network delay factors.

Hi Keith,

Just to confirm, have you uninstalled w3m-img?  I'm no expert at
Cygwin/X and I don't use it normally, I compiled in X11 support since
it was a nice addition and it actually worked for 0.5.3 :)

In the past when I had Cygwin/X gvim installed it would take console
vim longer to startup, no idea if it's the same issue.

Anyway, here are my tests on an average, WinXP box with a fresh Cygwin
non-X install (except for w3m-img).  I used
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html saved locally, I
typed Q as soon as the page loaded, not very scientific...:

1. Uninstalled w3m-img

$ time w3m ./bashref.html

real    0m1.875s
user    0m0.559s
sys     0m0.231s

2. Re-installed w3m-img

real    0m5.016s
user    0m0.887s
sys     0m0.293s

3. Uninstalled w3m-img (just to make sure)

real    0m1.812s
user    0m0.747s
sys     0m0.184s

If it's still a problem for you and others, I'm not sure how to replicate it.

Bob