Re: Problem with HTTPS in LWP module in Perl

Achim Gratz, 06.11.2012 17:48:19:

This has nothing to do with Cygwin, the same error happens on Linux:

$ perl -e 'use LWP::Simple;' -e '($r=get("https://www.geocaching.com";)) or print "$!\n$@\n";print "$r\n";'
Connection reset by peer
Can't connect to www.geocaching.com:443

Just got this in lynx (after waiting real long):

Geocaching.com will be going offline temporarily for maintenance on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at approximately 6pm PST

Maybe that's the reason? links still timeouts while lynx says after some minutes:

unable to get local issuer certificate - Continue?

when I agree it worked before but now issues:

Suche nach www.geocaching.com
HTTPS-Verbindung zu www.geocaching.com wird aufgebaut.
Verbindung erneut versuchen, ohne TLS.
Suche nach www.geocaching.com
HTTPS-Verbindung zu www.geocaching.com wird aufgebaut.
SSL callback:unable to get local issuer certificate, preverify_ok=0, ssl_okay=0
SSL callback:certificate not trusted, preverify_ok=0, ssl_okay=1
SSL callback:certificate not trusted, preverify_ok=1, ssl_okay=1
SSL callback:certificate not trusted, preverify_ok=1, ssl_okay=1
Obacht: Unable to make secure connection to remote host.

lynx: UnzugÃngliche Startdatei https://www.geocaching.com/

lynx exits here.

(sorry for german).

Also the other urls I cannot connect to with links work with lynx after answering the above certificate-question and a long time of waiting.

--
Helmut Karlowski