Re: emacs hangs when a sub-process goes defunct

Ken Brown writes:
> When you say the buffer is tied to an svn repository, do you mean
> you're using emacs as your commit editor as in the following report?

I'm seeing the same thing with magit, FWIW.  You do something to a vc
file, Emacs decides it needs to ask Git for the status (or you try some
explicit command in magit) and every few times it hangs.

> If so, it's a bug in emacs-24.2 that has been fixed upstream for
> emacs-24.3.  If not, more details would be helpful.

I'd give a test version of 24.2.50 a whirl, as I really need magit and
don't want to downgrade (and lose other bugfixes).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: