Re: Possible race in SYSV IPC (semaphores)

On Nov 26 18:09, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
> > I just checked in the change.
>
> Thank you.  I will test it as soon as it's available in a snapshot.
>
> > ...especially since I can't reproduce this.  I tried with cygserver
> > before and after my patch and in both cases your semaphore testcase
> > worked as expected with -d -l 7.
>
> I see.  Maybe this will help.  My sequence of actions:
>
> In an elevated cmd.exe, from Cygwin's /bin:
>
> cygrunsrv.exe -I cygserver -x /usr/sbin/cygserver.exe -a "-d -l 7"
> cygrunsrv.exe -S cygserver
>
> In a regular cmd.exe:
>
> a.exe
>
> (this is my testcase that locks/unlocks the semaphores).
> It never gets past iteration 1000.

Nope, no luck.  WJFFM.

You don't have space (or quota) issues on your hard disk by any chance?
The stderr output will go to /var/log/cygserver.log.  The file has a
size of about 60 Megs after 20K iterations and every run of the cygserver
service will append to the file.

Corinna

Red Hat