This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-auctex-11.87-1
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 07:44:30 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-auctex-11.87-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The following package has been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
AUCTeX is an extensible package for writing and formatting TeX files in
GNU Emacs and XEmacs. It supports many different TeX macro packages,
including AMS-TeX, LaTeX, Texinfo, ConTeXt, and DocTeX (dtx files).
AUCTeX includes preview-latex which makes LaTeX a tightly integrated
component of your editing workflow by visualizing selected source chunks
(such as single formulas or graphics) directly as images in the source
This is an update to the latest upstream release.
New features and fixed bugs in this release
* AUCTeX now supports Biber in conjunction with biblatex, in addition to
* Each AUCTeX mode now has its own abbrev table. On Emacsen which
provide the possibility to inherit abbrevs from other tables, the
abbrevs from the Text mode abbrev table are available as well. Newly
defined abbrevs are written to the mode-specific tables, though.
* The file tex-fptex.el was removed.
* Forward/backward search for Evince has been improved. If Emacs is
compiled with DBUS support and a recent Evince version (3.x) is
installed, the communication goes over the desktop bus instead of the
command line, resulting in more accurate positioning of point in Emacs
and highlighting of the target paragraph in Evince.
* A problem where Ghostscript threw an invalid fileaccess error when
running preview-latex was fixed.
* A lot of smaller fixes and additions have been made.
For more information see
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple