This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Where can I find the official cygwin openssh documentation?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 12:45:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: Where can I find the official cygwin openssh documentation?
- References: <CAARFOs-gsLkrPcBBYyJyZcfOwzci8fVLZbUCWXWdAhvgQ_8++A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 11:50:08AM -0500, Mike Richardson wrote:
>I'm trying to set up an openssh server on Windows using cygwin. I
>have tried searching google for information on how to do this, but I
>get a lot of unofficial sites, many with conflicting information. Is
>there any official documentation from cgywin on how to do this? I
>looked in the /usr/share/doc/openssh directory, but this information
>seems to be only relevant to openssh, and not cygwin+openssh.
>For example, a couple of the commands I'm supposed to run is
>ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config. Where I can find the official
>documentation on what these commands are doing, as well as any
>recommended best practices? If there isn't an official version, could
>you point me to a recommended unofficial version?
The "recommended" procedure is to follow the defaults when running those
scripts unless you have specific needs which require something
There is Cygwin-specific documentation in
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple