This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin fork problem: abort: can't commit memory for stack
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryan dot johnson at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 07:40:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin fork problem: abort: can't commit memory for stack
- References: <1354292699.39783.YahooMailNeo@web171603.mail.ir2.yahoo.com> <CAG0O4LtRzjTrXQdTZGBCps_gFk9UAxHno8JUTNYC=XdPyc+oCA@mail.gmail.com> <1354530233.8053.YahooMailNeo@web171605.mail.ir2.yahoo.com>
On 03/12/2012 5:23 AM, Techie Help wrote:
Hi,I'm not an expert, but I believe that several BLODA depend on the dlls
they inject to be in PATH; strip the path and they fail to do their
thing, leaving cygwin free to do its thing.
As suggested by Marco, I stripped the PATH to bare minimum and then it started building.
But slowly slowly, one at a time, I started adding more paths to path variable and finally I have restored it back to old one but its now building without any problem.
So, I am not sure what happened.
Also, can you please explain to me, why stripping path to bare minimum helped?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple