This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:34:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: Updated: emacs*-24.2.90-1 (TEST)
- References: <50BB4D0D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAK-n8j6vcj27yNtb3UiPr+08AftHjXrstF74_SO3mJWzh4O1Vg@mail.gmail.com> <50BBEBB1.email@example.com> <CAK-n8j7neVWS8ojp94K94q7LTgyt2sw89aCCY+UZ-gnoEQkEHg@mail.gmail.com> <CAK-n8j5UgvOSN7o8GJ4DT9aesWGHdZqgXTC_tBp5k+USmnpHDA@mail.gmail.com> <50BCEF59.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/3/2012 1:28 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 12/3/2012 12:53 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C
Yes, that's why you should have a D-Bus session daemon running before
And that's why I should read the entire release note. Working find
I started emacs, exited, then started it again. the second time I got
this same stuff:
(emacs:1672): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status
of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN
and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be
returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either
don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
** (emacs:1672): WARNING **: Abnormal program termination spawning
command line `dbus-launch
Could the dBus daemon have crashed? I do see dbus stuff running in
the Windows 7 task manager.
Let's keep this discussion on the list, because I'm sure there will be
other people having trouble with the new dbus requirement.
I doubt if the dbus daemon crashed. How did you start emacs the second
time? Did you do it by typing `emacs' in an xterm window? If so, you
shouldn't have gotten those error messages (assuming you started the
D-Bus daemon the way I suggested in the release announcement).
I'm also assuming that you started xterm in ~/.startxwinrc. If you have
some other preferred way of starting your X applications, there's a
different way of starting the D-Bus daemon that might work better for
you. See /usr/share/doc/emacs/README.Cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple