This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes
- From: bartels <bartels at mailme dot ath dot cx>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 00:07:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: Intermittent failures retrieving process exit codes
- References: <50C2498C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 12/07/2012 08:54 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:
I recently was able to produce a very small test case that reproduces this issue reliably on some machines:
Your suspicion about a race condition may very well be correct: I can easily confirm the problem on both iron and virtual smp, but not on a
single core virtual.
I have two instances of your test case running for half hour on the same core, without any problem: 30k cycles without hickup.
Apart from the immediate effect exposed by your script, I have reason to believe that the root cause also affects other running (smp) processes.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple