This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "as it was replaced while being copied" error when doing a cp command to an older Samba server
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:19:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: "as it was replaced while being copied" error when doing a cp command to an older Samba server
- References: <1355267454.66921.YahooMailNeo@web121504.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <1355275702.54399.YahooMailNeo@web121505.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/11/2012 8:28 PM, Wayne Johnson wrote:
I have a new Windows 7 PC (I'm already missing my old XP, sniff, sniff),
and am attempting to copy files from a pretty old Samba server (2.2.5). In
the upgrade to Windows 7, I also upgraded to cygwin 1.7 and specifically to
coreutils to 8.15-1. I get the error:
d:\dev>cp -r //tiny.labs.bmc.com/wjohnson/build/B_Hotfix_7_0_00_150/build/Agent_Dist/nonstop/5.1/* B_Hotfix_7_0_00_150/build/Agent_Dist/nonstop
cp: skipping file `//tiny.labs.bmc.com/wjohnson/build/B_Hotfix_7_0_00_150/build/Agent_Dist/nonstop/5.1/EAAXML', as it was replaced while being copied
This still works on my old XP system which runs Cygwin 1.5 and coreutils to 6.10-2.
I did notice several references to this error in the mail archive but
nothing seems to help.
How about this?
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple