This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty deadlocks when pasting very long lines of text
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 01:09:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: mintty deadlocks when pasting very long lines of text
- References: <50CB8313.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 02:50:43PM -0500, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>I just tried to paste a rather large snippet of text into mintty (320kB)
>that turns out to contain no newlines. The mintty window is completely
>locked now, and the Windows clipboard is unusable.
>The command was simple:
>$ cat > foo.txt
>Inserting a few thousand line endings at regular intervals allows the
>operation to complete in about a second. I suspect bash caused the
>problem (attempting to buffer up a whole line befor sending it on?), but
>I don't think it should be able to bring down the terminal like that.
Yep. "That's the way it works"
Someone reports something like this every few months. You undoubtedly
hit a limitation of Cygwin's pty handling.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple