This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pv-1.4.4-1
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop2 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:11:52 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: pv-1.4.4-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Pipeviewer is a command-line utility to view the progress of data
through a pipe. Some modifiers can be added, for example to limit the
speed rate or close the pipe at a given transferred size.
* pv version 1.4.4
* Removed --disable-ipc from CYGCONF_ARGS in cygport file because now pv
can run without cygserver.
* Added patch pv-1.4.4-R-man-cyg.patch to display a warning in the man
page in the BUGS section about the usage of -R option with Cygwin.
* The -c option does not work properly on Cygwin without cygserver
running, if started near the bottom of the screen (IPC is needed to
handle the terminal scrolling). To fix this, start cygserver before
using pv -c.
* The -R option is not available on Cygwin without cygserver running
(SYSV IPC is needed). To fix this, start cygserver before running the
instance of pv you want, at runtime, to change the parameters of.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple