This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "can't commit memory for stack" error with cygpath
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:55:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: "can't commit memory for stack" error with cygpath
- References: <50D07E30.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 12/18/2012 9:31 AM, Wojtek Lisowski wrote:
During the compilation of my library using MSVC the
"child_info_fork::abort: can't commit memory for stack 0x28A000(90112),
Win32 error 487" occured.
I have run rebase and I do not have any of the known software on BLODA.
I have isolated the issue to the simple makefile that calls "cygpath
-wa" on each object file to get the its Windows form.
When the number of files passed in for loop to cygpath is lower, it
The makefile and the cygcheck output are attached for reference.
I couldn't reproduce the problem you had with this makefile. That suggests
to me that there is some unknown BLODA on your system. I have 2
1. Trim your path to those essential for Cygwin and Windows operation.
2. Stop all non-essential services (Cygwin and Windows).
Try again in this configuration.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple