This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package (experimental): python-2.7.3-1
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Python-Annouce <python-announce at python dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:25:51 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package (experimental): python-2.7.3-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
*** Attention Cygwin Python module package maintainers ***
*** Cygwin is migrating from Python 2.6 to 2.7... ***
I have released Cygwin Python 2.7.3-1 as experimental. The tarballs
should be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.
The main purpose of this release is to begin the transition to make
Python 2.7 the official Cygwin version. If you are one of the Cygwin
Python module package maintainers, then please take this opportunity to
build, test, and change (if necessary) your package to support Python
Note the following:
1. 2.7.3-1 is experimental and 2.6.8-2 remains current. I will update
Cygwin to make 2.7.3-1 (or later) current on or about February 1, 2013.
2. You need to select the "Exp" radio button when running Cygwin's
setup.exe to install 2.7.3-1.
3. If you install 2.7.3-1, then 2.6 modules will no longer work.
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language. If interested, see the Python web site for more details:
Please read the README file:
since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple