This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
emacs problem starting with 20121123 snapshot
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:46:05 -0500
- Subject: emacs problem starting with 20121123 snapshot
Starting with the 20121123 snapshot, emacs won't run under X11. In the
20121123 snapshot, emacs just exits right after starting. In the
current (20121218) snapshot, the emacs window opens but freezes, and I
have to kill emacs from a terminal.
1. Install emacs-X11-24.2-1.
2. Start the X server by using the Start Menu shortcut.
3. Start emacs from the resulting xterm window:
$ emacs -Q &
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple