Re: Emacs 24.2.90.1 (previous-line) behavior

> I've never seen this problem. Can you give a recipe for reproducing it
> starting with `emacs-nox -Q'?
>

> Ken

$ emacs-nox -Q

  (you are placed in the *scratch* buffer)

RET RET RET

  (opens some more blank lines)
  (Note that C-p and C-n work as expected)

M-X linum-mode

  (Linum mode enabled.  Line numbers appear in the left margin)

C-n ...

  (Move to the end of the buffer)

C-p ...

  (Move usually jumps up 2 lines at a time)

I haven't seen this behavior in any development build in the last couple
years (I rebuild from emacs/trunk every couple of weeks) and I enable
linum-mode in all prog-mode derived modes (and some others).

-- Michael