Re: Org mode package too old in Cygwin Emacs

On 2/1/2013 4:23 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
Hello,

I'm forwarding here a request of Bastien Guerry, maintainer of Org mode, after
looking at a problem I have when running Cygwin Emacs:

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.orgmode
Subject: Re: Contrib missing from (Cygwin) Emacs
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:20:00 +0100
Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@plane.gmane.org
To: Sebastien Vauban

Hi SÃbastien,

Sebastien Vauban writes:
So, the problem comes down to the fact that the following...

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
   (require 'find-func)
   (find-library-name "org")
#+end_src

... does fail with the latest Cygwin [1]:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Can't find library org")
   signal(error ("Can't find library org"))
   error("Can't find library %s" "org")
   find-library-name("org")

Please report the problem to Cygwin people. They can either upgrade to a more recent version of Emacs, or try to sort out the problem with (find-library-name "org"). I cannot do anything from here, `find-library-name' is not in latest Org.

Cygwin's emacs is the latest upstream release. The problem is that the current Org distributed with emacs requires the presence of elisp source files, which are not installed by default on Cygwin. Cygwin users of the current Org have to install the emacs-el package to get the elisp source files.

Ken