This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Accessing a printer port
- From: cygwin at dad dot org
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:48:48 -0800
- Subject: Accessing a printer port
- Reply-to: Norman Shapiro <cygwin at dad dot org>
Here is my problem. There is an old laptop running Windows XP. It has a female "printer port", which I understand is also known as a "parallel port". There is a male 25 pin to female 9 pin adapter that fits the female port. The 9 pin end will eventually be connected to a serial device. I want to send characters to the serial device, from a C program.
Can I just open("/cygdrive/c/prn", ...)?
Can I use tcsetattr on the resulting file descriptor?
Thank you very much, as they say, in advance.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple