Re: Problem with Pylint for Python 2.7

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, hughgs wrote:

Since the upgrade to Python 2.7 I get the following message while trying to use the pylint command:

$ pylint search.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/pylint", line 3, in <module>
   from pylint import lint
ImportError: No module named pylint

$

The error is independent of the file I use.

I did find the HEADSUP: Python 2.7 upgrade thread and noticed that while the pylint package was listed as needing to be upgraded, I didn't see that it was rebuilt. Hopefully it just slipped through the cracks! Thanks.

My cygcheck.out file got rejected for being too large.

George S. Hugh

I was able to fix this problem by copying the python2.6/site-packages/pylint directory to python2.7/site-packages.

Any chance that the pylint package will ge rebuilt so I don't have to do this by hand?

George S. Hugh