Re: But it is cygwin related.

Comments below:

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> If you're asking how to call cygwin entry points to use Cygwin I/O from
> an assembly language program then you are on-topic for the mailing list.

That's exactly what I asked.

> It is possible to write a raw assembly language program which does this
> but, given the amount of confusion evident in the above paragraph you
> are clearly quite a long way from having the necessary skills to do
> anything like this.
No. I just lack the necessary information to do it.  And that is what I am seeking
> And, perhaps most importantly, there are only
> a handful of people who would have a clue about how to do this and I'll
> go out on a limb and say that none of us is interested in attempting
> to teach you.
It wouldn't be teaching me, but providing information to all the cygwin community.
>  But even if we were, an assembly program which relied on
> a massive DLL doesn't really meet your criteria anyway.

Why do you think not?

> Writing an assembly language program which just uses Windows APIs to
> write to the console would likely be much easier but that is off-topic
> for this list.
That would be find for me, if the information is there, but wouldn't be much help to other people who would like the same information, if any.

> There's no use arguing about this.  This isn't your mailing list and you
> don't set the rules.
That's a silly thing to say.  I, for one am not trying to set any rules.
>  Further arguing will have undesirable consequences for you.
If anyone believes that trying to learn and use cygwin is "arguing" you are far off base.
And it doesn't become the cygwin group, to make threats to members of the community, like you just did in the above sentence.

> >p.s.  If you would like to learn about programming, it is off topic for
> >this list, but I'd be happy to help you if you write directly.

I'll honor that, and I will keep the information available for any other cygwin users in the future would need help in a similar manner.

> Mocking people who could potentially help you is rarely a good idea.
I don't mock people who are earnest and don't mock.

Regards