cygwin64 build recipe (was: Re: cygwin64 process substitution: known bug?)

On Apr  8 10:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr  7 13:53, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
On my cygwin64, all bash process substitutions fail:

$ ls -l <(echo foo)
lrwxrwxrwx 1 greg None 0 Apr  7 13:20 /dev/fd/63 -> pipe:[656]

$ cat <(echo foo)
cat: /dev/fd/63: No such file or directory

Here's an strace: http://pastebin.com/KS9766Vv

Anyone know what's going on?  I don't have a cygwin64 kernel/libc
build tree, yet, but, if this merits further investigation, I
suppose it's as good an excuse as any to build one, as this is
messing up my play-time.
Confirmed.  Looks like a bug in bash or (more likely) 64 bit Cygwin.
I'm going to fix a problem reported on the cygwin-apps list first, but
I'll have a look into this later this week.

Of course I'd appreciate if you look into this, too.  Many problems
found in the 64 bit version during the last couple of weeks are based
on sloppy datatype handling, so I guess this is another one of them.
I looked into this first, accidentally.  This should be fixed in CVS
I'll upload a new 64 bit Cygwin DLL later today.

Thanks again for the report,

No, thank you for the fix!

If I may hijack my own thread a bit: I tried a cygwin64 core build but things didn't go great.

Is bootstrap.sh on *-*-linux-gnu still the best way to roll your own cygwin64? My attempts to cross the cygwin64 cygport on cygwin32 resulted in tons of fussy problems centered around dlmalloc.c (I also had to kludge around some Makefile problems).

Any chance, yet, that the right thing would happen if I just checked out the cygwin-64bit-branch of winsup in my cygwin64 environment and "did what README says"?

-gmt