This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin install failed, need help troubleshooting
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:10:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin install failed, need help troubleshooting
- References: <CACr88HM7G2kEN0QOJnBThBkcn4cqtb8SROvhQaiEp8c+U-nULA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130501005817 dot GE3781 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 08:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 05:46:08PM -0700, John Guad wrote:
>>I googled that message about base mismash and all the evidence points
>>to cygwin1.dll being the issue but there's nothing useful about fixing
>>it. The only instance of that dll on this machine is the one
>>downloaded and installed by the setup.exe program, so it doesn't make
>>sense to think it's a bad version.
>People often say that but most of the time they find that there is
>another version of the dll lurking somewhere on the system, like in
I forgot to mention:
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
You should be able to run the cygcheck program from a windows command
shell without causing the kind of problem that you're reporting.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple