This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin install failed, need help troubleshooting
- From: John Guad <johnguad at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 08:51:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygwin install failed, need help troubleshooting
- References: <CACr88HM7G2kEN0QOJnBThBkcn4cqtb8SROvhQaiEp8c+U-nULA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130501005817 dot GE3781 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130501011057 dot GF3781 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CACr88HOex-4uzny9HdAW+jihxUW-7fuFA7qPGFozAp81b5--uQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM, John Guad wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Christopher Faylor
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 08:58:17PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 05:46:08PM -0700, John Guad wrote:
>>>>I googled that message about base mismash and all the evidence points
>>>>to cygwin1.dll being the issue but there's nothing useful about fixing
>>>>it. The only instance of that dll on this machine is the one
>>>>downloaded and installed by the setup.exe program, so it doesn't make
>>>>sense to think it's a bad version.
>>>People often say that but most of the time they find that there is
>>>another version of the dll lurking somewhere on the system, like in
I did a search using the built-in windows search tool ('search
companion' ... gotta love XP), selected target "all hard drives" which
in my case is just one - "c:\", search term "cygwin", and it tells me
that there is one and only one "cygwin1.dll" file anywhere on my
machine, located in c:\cygwin\bin.
>> I forgot to mention:
>>>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>> You should be able to run the cygcheck program from a windows command
>> shell without causing the kind of problem that you're reporting.
Running the cygcheck program ("cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out")
results in an empty (zero byte) file. No output.
Any other ideas or suggestions?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple