This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- From: 1xx <itsango at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 16:03:45 +0900
- Subject: Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- References: <20130503010717 dot GB677 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1367562326 dot 41379 dot YahooMailClassic at web163901 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com>
Hi Piotr !
2013/5/3 Piotr Cieplak <email@example.com>:
> Could anyone help me with this problem?
> I posted this couple of days ago, but so far there is no response.
> When installing cygwin using "default" option - everything goes well. On the other hand
> when trying to install: everything ("install" option) or some parts of the cygwin package
> the setup.exe runs for ever and could not complete successfully within 3-5 hours. So I stopped
> it manually.
> I tried to do that using various download sites and it does not help.
> I am trying to install cygwin as a first package on freshly installed windows 7.
> Is anyone experiencing similar problems? What the remedy could be?
> Thanks in advance
I was able to install Cygwin into the following PCs on 2013-03-2x .
I have remembered that setup.exe required install of Bonjour.
Then, I installed Safari previously.
Although it is right or cannot judge to me, since it may become helpful, I tell.
1xx <ItSANgo@gmail.com> <https://twitter.com/ItSANgo>
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple