This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 11:48:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- References: <20130503010717 dot GB677 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1367562326 dot 41379 dot YahooMailClassic at web163901 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com> <CAEhDDbCKpVhJZxd+qGNmfK5FS=tmgKUZqP4L9ZKRVN_tsRdeEg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 09:44:19AM +0200, Csaba Raduly wrote:
>On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Piotr Cieplak wrote:
>> Could anyone help me with this problem?
>> I posted this couple of days ago, but so far there is no response.
>> When installing cygwin using "default" option - everything goes well. On the other hand
>> when trying to install: everything ("install" option) or some parts of the cygwin package
>> the setup.exe runs for ever and could not complete successfully within 3-5 hours.
>> Is anyone experiencing similar problems? What the remedy could be?
>Don't do it :)
>For setup.exe to to install everything it has to download everything,
>checksum everything, unpack everything, install everything, rebase
>everything. This takes time, regardless of which mirror you use.
>Why do you want to install everything? I doubt there is a single
>person on Earth who has used every single Cygwin program.
But, if they did, I'd give them a gold star for their efforts.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple