This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryan dot johnson at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 12:27:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7
- References: <20130503010717 dot GB677 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <1367562326 dot 41379 dot YahooMailClassic at web163901 dot mail dot gq1 dot yahoo dot com> <CAEhDDbCKpVhJZxd+qGNmfK5FS=tmgKUZqP4L9ZKRVN_tsRdeEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130503154847 dot GA2027 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 03/05/2013 11:48 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 09:44:19AM +0200, Csaba Raduly wrote:
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Piotr Cieplak wrote:
Could anyone help me with this problem?
I posted this couple of days ago, but so far there is no response.
When installing cygwin using "default" option - everything goes well. On the other hand
when trying to install: everything ("install" option) or some parts of the cygwin package
the setup.exe runs for ever and could not complete successfully within 3-5 hours.
Is anyone experiencing similar problems? What the remedy could be?
Don't do it :)
For setup.exe to to install everything it has to download everything,
checksum everything, unpack everything, install everything, rebase
everything. This takes time, regardless of which mirror you use.
Why do you want to install everything? I doubt there is a single
person on Earth who has used every single Cygwin program.
But, if they did, I'd give them a gold star for their efforts.
Define "use" ...
for f in /usr/bin/*.exe; do $f --help; done
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple