This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SSHd crashing when touching /etc/* - Which snapshot is the relevant one?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 11:09:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSHd crashing when touching /etc/* - Which snapshot is the relevant one?
- References: <CADNQYmVYDP5WLbAd2G0bovzc19y0nfdnwhWXiGs+FG_OmccfJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADNQYmWTBCH--81r=SyvOFaO5-P5QXtSqLzVoGo+f9Ne7eGstg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130506142912 dot GA6084 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 5/6/2013 10:29 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 02:11:28PM +0300, Ran wrote:
sorry please ignore, I read more deeply and used the one from August 1st 2012.
You shouldn't be using a snapshot. You should just be using the most
recently released version of Cygwin.
And as a general note, a release that occurs after the date of a snapshot
contains the changes from that snapshot. Always prefer a release version
of the Cygwin package over a snapshot unless a problem you're having is
only addressed by the snapshot. If that snapshot is older than the current
release of that package, please report the issue here.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple