This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: printf + pthreads+gdb+mintty = hang?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:36:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: printf + pthreads+gdb+mintty = hang?
- References: <5189627F dot 3050801 at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 04:22:23PM -0400, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>Running the attached STC inside gdb hangs (zero CPU util, have to kill
>gdb from Task Manager, killing a.exe doesn't cut it).
>Compile line used: g++ -Wall -g -mthreads -DBUG bug.cpp
>I currently have the following package versions:
>The problem seems to be related to threads calling fprintf inside gdb,
>it runs fine from the command line, or with printf instead; both fprintf
>and printf sometimes trigger "warning: SuspendThread failed. (winerr 6)"
>(not sure if that matters).
>Known issue? Easy workaround? New bug?
Known, long-standing issue. I put a workaround in the latest snapshot.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple