This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: printf + pthreads+gdb+mintty = hang?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 19:43:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: printf + pthreads+gdb+mintty = hang?
- References: <5189627F dot 3050801 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <20130508183617 dot GA8072 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <518AB9F2 dot 6050501 at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 04:47:46PM -0400, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>On 08/05/2013 2:36 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 04:22:23PM -0400, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Running the attached STC inside gdb hangs (zero CPU util, have to kill
>>> gdb from Task Manager, killing a.exe doesn't cut it).
>>> Compile line used: g++ -Wall -g -mthreads -DBUG bug.cpp
>>> I currently have the following package versions:
>>> cygwin-1.7.18(0.263/5/3) 2013-04-19
>>> The problem seems to be related to threads calling fprintf inside gdb,
>>> it runs fine from the command line, or with printf instead; both fprintf
>>> and printf sometimes trigger "warning: SuspendThread failed. (winerr 6)"
>>> (not sure if that matters).
>>> Known issue? Easy workaround? New bug?
>> Known, long-standing issue. I put a workaround in the latest snapshot.
>Hmm. The STC still hangs about 25% of the time (down from ~100%), so
>things are improved but not fixed.
Ok. Then I'll go with "long standing issue" then. I've mentioned the
problem with outputting lots os stuff to a pty here many times.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple