This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin manpages clobbered
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 17:15:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin manpages clobbered
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0AF787B3 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 5/9/2013 3:37 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
I'm using stock Cygwin 1.7.18-1, and tried to read manpages about Cygwin
path conversion routines, cygwin_conv_path() et al. The output does not
appear formatted properly, e.g. DESCRIPTION goes as a single paragraph,
but clearly is supposed to have some list formatting for the CCP bits
and errors. It's still readable but... well, messy.
WFM. Perhaps check some of the 'man' environment variables.
MANPAGER is a common one to have problems with. Perhaps something
has changed in your '/etc/man.conf' too?
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple