This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 20:11:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH
- References: <CA+7NHMZwdF9XA0qr30svTJYYw7F8uaw3StXRDcex2fbTMd58Ww at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 5/9/2013 16:39, Daniel Davis wrote:
all new shells
start from the same place (/usr/bin) with a broken path.
I don't know about your other problems, but this one sounds like
/etc/passwd didn't get set up correctly. Cygwin ships with a 'mkpasswd'
script that does this for you. I'd suggest reading all the text
surrounding 'mkpasswd' found on this page:
I could see problems due to spaces in the user name or Windows domains
being an issue here, for example.
You might also need to do a 'mkgroup'.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple