This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin path conversion routines
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:33:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin path conversion routines
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0AF787DB at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 07:56:26PM +0000, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
>It'd be great to have http://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/func-cygwin-conv-path.html
>also document what happens if a path passed for conversion does already look
>good. E.g. what Win-2-Posix conversion does with things like
>"/cygdrive/c/cygwin" or just "/bin", and what is case-sensitivity
>of the conversion routines... (E.g. "/cygdrive/C" and "/cygdrive/c"
>appear to work equally well, but not "/Cygdrive/c".)
>I know one can experiment to see the results, but the documented
>behavior saves from guessing all the possible cases.
This is a free software project:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple