This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:01:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH
- References: <CA+7NHMbGcn5jXPk-pTfOkpffxpi6qzo0yCWJVSTz0Qys=F_r_A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 5/10/2013 3:04 PM, Daniel Davis wrote:
Is there some way I can find out why /etc/profile isn't being called
when the shell starts? /var/log is empty but for setup.log* and I
don't see any windows event logs for cygwin. Maybe that would lead to
better guesses as to why/how the install broke.
If you suspect a scripting issue and you're using 'mintty', you can invoke
it this way to see where the scripts might be going wrong:
mintty /bin/bash -i -l -x
Otherwise, you can just invoke 'bash' directly from a command prompt with
the line above minus the 'mintty' bit.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple