This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing VIM installs lots of other stuff
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:31:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installing VIM installs lots of other stuff
- References: <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA20A812F at MLBXV06 dot nih dot gov>,<SNT141-W24D1F9F4422FDFBB645F4886A40 at phx dot gbl> <SNT141-W21C22D8447725FF63E07E86A60 at phx dot gbl>
On 11/05/13 01:49, Rick Patterson wrote:
I don't use Perl, but even if I did, I don't want my Cygwin bloated with stuff I didn't ask for. I just wanted Vi, and I got a Perl programming environment instead that came with a "free" vi editor.
In Fedora and ArchLinux, vim is dependent on perl, so I don't
think Cygwin is doing anything out of the ordinary here.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple