This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing VIM installs lots of other stuff
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 23:54:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installing VIM installs lots of other stuff
- References: <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA20A812F at MLBXV06 dot nih dot gov>,<SNT141-W24D1F9F4422FDFBB645F4886A40 at phx dot gbl> <SNT141-W21C22D8447725FF63E07E86A60 at phx dot gbl>
On 2013-05-10 19:49, Rick Patterson wrote:
So, the issue seems to be the "vim-common" common component includes Perl,
Yes, and correctly so, as there are five Perl scripts in vim-common.
Vi is a standard part of all the UNIXes I've ever worked with
So is perl. :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple