This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin manpages clobbered
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:34:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin manpages clobbered
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0AF787B3 at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov> <518C55BD dot 7020807 at etr-usa dot com> <20130510041245 dot GA3019 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <518CC275 dot 2060207 at etr-usa dot com> <20130510142904 dot GA6201 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130510143137 dot GA1135 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <518D2AA8 dot 6060701 at etr-usa dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 10 11:13, Warren Young wrote:
> On 5/10/2013 08:31, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >I don't know what Corinna's return has to do with this.
> The open question is whether we're going to switch all the DOCTOOL
> tags and *.sgml in winsup/cygwin to Doxygen, or keep it as DocBook
> but move it all to winsup/doc.
> I can do it either way. I just think Doxygen gets us more with less
> effort. (DocBook is still the way to go for prose-heavy documents
> like the Cygwin FAQ and user manual.)
> One Doxygen advantage I haven't mentioned yet: the most basic sort
> of Doxygen comments on the POSIX interfaces would get Cygwin a set
> of basic man2 pages for cheap.
Here's what I need: Show me a doxygen example of a former docbook
man page. I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into.
And what about the fact that the man pages for the Cygwin commands
are also embedded into the user manual. Will that still work?
If that looks fine, I have no problem, but right now I tend to stick
to docbook so I only have a single layout to write any Cygwin docs...
Other than that, if you take over cygwin-docs, I'm happy for cgf, but
I have nothing to do with this decision :)
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple