This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error with cygwin startup using Windows 8
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:49:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: Error with cygwin startup using Windows 8
- References: <CADe7tZikpFBLSb2sStWCY76dmM+njAxqXREUh3X00mpAxq-HwA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 13 12:11, Vasavi Levendel wrote:
> I'm trying to bring up Cygwin in a Windows 8 machine and see this error:
> 1 [main] bash 3680 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.
> Cygwin Version: CYGWIN_NT-6.2
> Windows Version: Windows 8, Version 6.2 (Build 9200)
> What is the impact of this? Is there a work-around?
It means, you're trying to install an older version of the Cygwin DLL.
The workaround is to install the latest one from the distro.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple