This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why mkgroup does not list group members?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:50:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Why mkgroup does not list group members?
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0AF7961F at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 13 17:43, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] wrote:
> The current version of the mkgroup utility does not seem to care
> about group members when generating the group file (either out of
> domain or locally). I wonder what prevented it from using
> NetGroupGetUsers()/NetLocalGroupGetMembers() to list the group
> users after that last colon.
Because it's not necessary since the groups are in your user token
anyway, and so is extra work for no gain.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple