This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: I want to report a problem with vim, rxvt, and/or cygwin
- From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb at n0nb dot us>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 21:48:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: I want to report a problem with vim, rxvt, and/or cygwin
- References: <51942FDD dot 7070405 at amadoogoo dot com> <51943C94 dot 4030106 at cygwin dot com>
* On 2013 15 May 20:57 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> How does it work for you if you use 'mintty' instead of rxvt? rxvt is
> really all but dead. I'd recommend not using it. That said, I tried
> starting vim from rxvt, ^Z, and fg. I could continue the vim session
> just fine. So maybe it has something to do with something in your
> environment, something else you're running, or BLODA.
I saw the same thing yesterday in mintty with Vim and Midnight
Commander. Neither app could be brought back to the foreground after
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true."
Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://www.n0nb.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple