This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BUG: Ability to access nonexistent directories
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:36:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: BUG: Ability to access nonexistent directories
- References: <000201ce52c4$891b04c0$9b510e40$%fedin at samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 17 10:05, Fedin Pavel wrote:
> Hello! I have found a bug in Cygwin. It exists at least for several months.
> I have updated today but it is still there.
> The bug is simple to trigger and verify. Make a directory like:
> mkdir /tmp/test
> Then go to /tmp and execute:
> ls -l /tmp/nonexist/../test
The reason for this behaviour has been outlined a couple of times on
this list. See http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-01/msg00173.html,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple