This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim-7.3.943-1 missing command 'let g:colors_name = "elflord"' found in vim-common-7.3.943-1
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:37:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: vim-7.3.943-1 missing command 'let g:colors_name = "elflord"' found in vim-common-7.3.943-1
- References: <1368733719 dot 30936 dot YahooMailClassic at web162702 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <20130517070620 dot GD22373 at phoenix>
2013/5/17 Gary Johnson wrote:
> This is not a bug. See Yaakov's announcement in the list on May 12,
> "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.943-1". He explains that the
> packaging scheme has been changed and that /usr/bin/vi is now Vim
> compiled with the "small" feature set. The "small" feature set does
> not include the +syntax or +eval feature and does not support either
> the :syntax or :let command.
> If you want to use those commands, run vim and not vi, or alias vi
> to vim. If you want to use the "small" vi, you'll have to adjust
> your ~/.vimrc to avoid using commands that are not supported. See
The reason that it occurs now is that vim-minimal has been added to
Base recently. That results in the situation you describe.
It is discussed on the cygwin-apps mailing list as well . It
probably can be fixed by using alternatives, but Yaakov is AFK so he
has not been able to respond yet.
 http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2013-05/msg00045.html and follow ups
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple