This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim-7.3.943-1 missing command 'let g:colors_name = "elflord"' found in vim-common-7.3.943-1
- From: David Griffiths <david dot griffiths at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:59:24 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: vim-7.3.943-1 missing command 'let g:colors_name = "elflord"' found in vim-common-7.3.943-1
- References: <1368733719 dot 30936 dot YahooMailClassic at web162702 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <20130517070620 dot GD22373 at phoenix>
Gary Johnson <garyjohn <at> spocom.com> writes:
> This is not a bug. See Yaakov's announcement in the list on May 12,
> "[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.943-1". He explains that the
> packaging scheme has been changed and that /usr/bin/vi is now Vim
> compiled with the "small" feature set. The "small" feature set does
> not include the +syntax or +eval feature and does not support either
> the :syntax or :let command.
Not a bug maybe but a strange thing to do. I just installed a completely
unrelated package (p7zip) which just happened to drag in the latest version
of vim. Suddenly I start seeing these E319 messages and the syntax
highlighting has gone. Luckily I found the answer here via Google but I bet
you're going to see a lot more people hit by this!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple