This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch for shutdown
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 10:06:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for shutdown
- References: <CAKf2h5QYs69d8RL647Fysji=fFCrEsg2HOMNenkjjcfd0fTJ6g at mail dot gmail dot com> <519A2341 dot 5030708 at openafs dot org> <002401ce5562$47768a30$d6639e90$%fedin at samsung dot com>
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Fedin Pavel wrote:
> At the other hand, IMHO, Windows .bat scripts are never run from wihin bash, and vice versa, UNIX .sh scripts are never run from within cmd.exe...
I do this.
Create a null (native, i.e. non-cygwin) program named #! and put it in
PATH. Then my scripts can do
:: Dos batch commands
> And following the same logic we would need to teach our find.exe (already mentioned on this list) to understand Windows options instead of UNIX options...
I think that would be a no go from the get go.
> Even further, in terminal case, why have Cygwin at all ? It is different from Windows command line and this is confusing...
Oh, now I read the sarcasm. :/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple