This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Patch for shutdown
- From: Jeffrey Altman <jaltman at openafs dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 10:23:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for shutdown
- References: <CAKf2h5QYs69d8RL647Fysji=fFCrEsg2HOMNenkjjcfd0fTJ6g at mail dot gmail dot com> <519A2341 dot 5030708 at openafs dot org> <002401ce5562$47768a30$d6639e90$%fedin at samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: jaltman at openafs dot org
On 5/20/2013 9:59 AM, Fedin Pavel wrote:
> At the other hand, IMHO, Windows .bat scripts are never run from wihin
> bash, and vice versa, UNIX .sh scripts are never run from within
> cmd.exe... And following the same logic we would need to teach our
> find.exe (already mentioned on this list) to understand Windows
> options instead of UNIX options... Even further, in terminal case, why
> have Cygwin at all ? It is different from Windows command line and
> this is confusing... Kind regards.
Unlike the 'find' command, the shutdown command can leave the machine in
a state which cannot be recovered without physical access. That is the
difference as I see it and it is a significant difference.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple