This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Were the Perl multithreading problems ever fixed?
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 21:10:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: Were the Perl multithreading problems ever fixed?
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B22110B04EC at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> Last year I had reported some problems with a Perl script that utilizes multithreading. I believe it was Reini Urban who told me that there were known problems with Perl multithreading and that an ETA for a set of fixes was not known yet. Does anyone know if those particular Perl multithreading issues have been dealt with in later Cygwin releases? I'm still on 1.7.17.
These were entirely perl related and not cygwin.
And most of the known problems were fixed with the change from
non-thread safe usemymalloc (perl internal malloc) to the thread-safe
There are still minor thread problems within perl, but nothing dramatic.
The upcoming 5.18.0 should have fixed more. Do you have a link to your
report? So I can test it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple