This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what library provides __b64_ntop? (libresolv does not)
- From: Luke White <luke dot x dot white at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 23:57:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: what library provides __b64_ntop? (libresolv does not)
- References: <CAAZXUtyS2sBvp5OdhJfDU+dvUzPn+woRRP0fEqucMNfF-5iTiQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <519AE0C2 dot 6050002 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
There appears to be an implementation of that function in cygwin's
src/newlib/libc/sys/linux/net/base64.c. Is it possible to link
against whatever that gets compiled to? If not, could that function
be copied to cygwin's libresolv? When the header and implementation
are already there it seems a shame not to make it available.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
> On 2013-05-20 18:06, Luke White wrote:
>> I'm getting the following error if I try to compile something that
>> includes resolv.h:
>> $ gcc test.c -lresolv
>> /tmp/cc0xhSEa.o:test.c:(.text+0x2e): undefined reference to `___b64_ntop'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> Cygwin does not provide that function; resolv.h declares it only because it
> is mostly copied from the BSDs, where it is defined.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple